Pages

19 March 2024

Space


In the quiet of the darkness, I feel the distance between us like a weight pressing down on my chest. I find myself tracing the contours of distance, a vast expanse that seems to widen despite my longing for closeness. 

Is it you drifting or me fading into the backdrop of uncertainty? 

Your absence echoes in the empty spaces of our shared moments, and the silence between us grows louder than any words we could exchange. I yearn for the closeness, for the warmth and the sound of your voice filling the void within me.


As I lie awake, consumed by thoughts I can't help but feel the ache of longing in every fibre of my being. The inner beast within me stirs restlessly, craving the connection that seems to be lost to the passage of time and distance. They were like sleeping beasts, their presence felt but their roar muted, waiting for the catalyst to awaken them from their rest. Then, you came into my life like a gentle breeze on a still night, a whisper that stirred the depths of my soul. Your presence kindling flames where there were once only embers, igniting a fervour that courses through my veins as if you've unlocked a hidden chamber within me, revealing desires and longings I knew existed but have not felt for so long.


Yet, memories flicker like distant stars in the night sky, beautiful yet unreachable, leaving me to navigate the darkness alone. I long to feel your presence, to share even in the mundane moments yet I find myself adrift in a sea of uncertainty, unsure of where we stand or if we stand at all. It feels fragile, like a thread stretched thin, threatening to snap at any moment. And yet, amidst the longing, there are moments of clarity, moments when I can still see you clearly. In those moments, I am reminded of the beauty that lies within you, and feel the intensity of how much I want you and how much I wish you were here.


But then, just as quickly as it comes, the moment fades, leaving me alone once more, grappling with the emptiness that fills the space between us. 


And so I wait, counting time hoping against hope that someday soon, you will be here, and we will be connected. 


No comments:

Post a Comment