Pages

15 September 2012

Strange how life works.

"I have a million things to talk to you about. All I want in this world is you. I want to see you and talk. I want the two of us to begin everything from the beginning."

Haruki Murakami

If only.

If only it were that simple.  If only it were possible.

But it isn't.

It is never possible to go back to the beginning, because in doing so, we would wipe out all of the things that have been, the things that have been shared. The experiences, the feelings, the moments shared, the things explored.  It isn't possible to wipe that out.  It isn't possible to forget it or wipe the slate clean.  But in a perfect world, things would be possible, but then it would be that everything from the beginning would have been just perfect.

"It’s so strange how life works: You want something and you wait and wait and feel like it’s taking forever to come. Then it happens and it’s over and all you want to do is curl back up in that moment before things changed."
— Lauren Oliver 

To go back to that moment, the time before things changed . . .it's not possible either, but while it wouldn't be the right thing, it would be good to go back to that moment.

So often that I think of things that I would have shared with you, things that we would have talked about.  There have even been times when I have thought I must tell you this or that.  And then realised that isn't possible either.

It is strange how life works.






No comments:

Post a Comment