Pages

12 January 2015

Naked.




It’s easy to take off your clothes and have sex. People do it all the time.

But opening up your soul to someone, letting them into your spirit, thoughts, fears, future, hopes, dreams… that is being naked.

— Rob Bell



I *love* this type of nakedness.  Peeling back the layers, delving into someone's mind, thoughts, heart.  Bringing them out of themselves, opening them up, revealing them to their very core.

I *love* the bare honest truth of what someone is, of WHO someone is.  Of all the things that make them "them".  It is easier to strip to be naked, than to peel those layers away, than to allow someone to do that.  To place yourself naked, bare, vulnerable at someone's bidding.  I *love* that vulnerability. I *love* that trust someone places as they open themselves up, trusting me with their words, their depths.

And it is special. And wonderful. And beautiful.



I will wait for walls to be taken down.
A voice that will call to the depths
With precision I pull away the layers
Offering trust, security, letting you know it's ok
to fall. That someone is there to catch.
That I am there to catch. And to hold
you as you lay naked, vulnerable and exposed.
There's a fear that you feel, a fight that you must fight.
But as I hold tight I will never give up
my hold. Holding you tight, reassuring you
that this is your place.©











No comments:

Post a Comment