Pages

23 April 2011

Live as you've never lived before



"Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before.”


Erich Fromm

I *LOVE* this quote. 

It is one that I often think of because its meaning is so true but which makes me look forward, with anticipation and with hope.

But, it is hard to let go of the things that we've known before, even harder to take steps into the new or unknown. That unknown is filled with a fear, but a fear that in itself can create a desire. A desire for what may be, for what can be, if we only allow ourselves to.

I think we all want to live as we've never lived before . . .and life is too short to not live in the way that we want. 

My "time out" has been extended for far too long and for the first time in a long time. 

It is time to truly let things go where they need to go, to be where I want to be. 

I know that really is the right time to be truly open to whatever the future may bring, to be active in making things happen so I can live the way that I truly want to live, to live in a way that I have never lived before.  And in a depth and in a world that I know that I want but more so need to live in.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment