Pages

26 April 2011

Followers, Feedback and cock-a-leekie

"Besides fiction, she wrote pretty consistently at some form of journal--sometimes in large, hardback notebooks, occasionally on loose typed sheets, occasionally in small notebooks from which she tore the pages she wanted to save. (The rest of the notebook would be filled with drafts of poems, etc.) Her motive for keeping the journal varied. The handwritten notebook entries were generally negative, self-castigation, or a means of rallying her determination to get through something or other."

Ted Hughes on Sylvia Plath

That quote could have been written about me! I have always loved to write. To blog. Whether it be fiction, creative writing, poetry or as more often is the case a reflection on events, situations, feelings and people that have been a part of my life.  Most of what I have written as an adult has always been done privately ~ until now at least. 

In a Ds sense, this recent blog was the first time I had actually actively shared my blog with someone I was "exploring" with at the time, although I had always written my thoughts.  It can be a way of finding an understanding of thoughts, of feelings, of situations.  It can help with expression of wants, of needs, of hopes (and disappointments!)

I was reading on a blog elsewhere by another Dominant female how she finds it quite difficult to blog if she knows the person she is with or playing with reads her blog because she is unable to write about things before they have happened so as not to give anything away.  And also, finds at times that she needs to hold back when she does write about things that have happened. 

I totally understand.

Although I don't necessarily feel that way about my blogs, sharing the things that I write.  Openness is incredibly important to me, I ask it from others, it wouldn't be right of me to not be the same.  However, I too do not write about things until they have happened, whether they be in the recent or indeed distant past.  And, I know that upon reading at first, some of the things may be "shocking" to some, as well as creating a whole other range of thoughts and feelings.

I have blogged for approaching 10 years or more, and this is the first time, that I have really put my writing "out there". Not only "out there", but also open to followers and feedback and in a situation where people who read can comment.

It was a strange feeling at first, but during the months I have started this blog I have received wonderful feedback and comments, it has brought me back in touch with several people I have known and lost touch with, and it is wonderful to see some of them posting here too *smiles*

I have just logged on to some wonderful comments about my recent entries and how nice it is to welcome some new commenters ~ feeling brave were we ? ;)

But it is nice to know that you have stopped by, that you have read and also the feedback is always appreciated.  I have received comments via email, via profiles elsewhere, but very few on the blog itself, so those who have posted here or made contact . . .thank you.

It seems that a certain blog entry "sliding doors" has brought several "blast from the pasts", friends, contacts and people whose paths I have crossed with have read it, and gotten back in touch.  Guess it just goes to show that at times, others can relate to the writings and situations of other people, and that we have all had our "sliding doors" moments. 

I am sure we will all have many more.

It is strange at times, knowing that the things that I write, the personal reflections, thoughts, feelings and opinions are out there, I am quite aware that some people have been "scared" and "shocked" by some of the things that I have written.  That some have commented on how sadistic I am, of how cruel I can be, amongst other things.  And that maybe so. LOL

So welcome to new readers and followers, (around the world!)  welcome and thank you to new commenters. 

I hope that you continue to enjoy! 

The stats for my blog are interesting, (I do like that feature here at blogger!) seeing how people have found me, where they are in the world (first reader from Denmark recently too! *waves* ) ~ and it is interesting to see what people put in the search engines which lead them to my blog. 

I tell you what, people say that some of the things I write is scarey  ~ you should really see what people put in the searches which leads them to me . . .

To the person who put cock-a-leekie in the search engine and came across my  blog . . .I know you didn't find the recipe that you were looking for, but I am sure that you found plenty of things about leaking cocks or even things to make cocks leak . . .sorry it wasn't quite what you wanted and I hope what you found wasn't too much of a shock

LOL

*grins*






.

No comments:

Post a Comment